'Safety zone vs Out of the box'

Do you know where the safest place on this planet is? 
Nowhere!
Anything can happen anywhere but it doesn't and there are many reasons for it.

We make houses to feel safe, but your house is also your shelter with maximum safety still not completely safe. Anything happen means a ceiling fan can fall, one can slip in the washroom, stair cases can be tricky sometimes, there can be fire in the kitchen or someone can break into your safe home. Sounds morbid, right? Don't worry, it’s not that disturbing. I know we only want to talk about positive things in life........ On the other hand I believe in preparing for the worst first. Worse can happen, does happen and will happen, surrounded by all the positivity in our lives. But it all doesn't happen at once with same person. Some of us suffer few tragedies whereas others battle with different demons. 

I have seen people yearning to come out of their cocoon and endure all the freedom. There is one thing which they don't understand is to pay the price for it. Freedom doesn't mean to live happily ever after without worrying about anything in your world. In my vocabulary freedom means being self-sufficient, independent, responsible, determined and above all you need courage and sacrifice for it. According to majority of the girls in my country, I am enjoying an ideal life. I love my independence and self-sufficiency but it all has come on a cost. Working your way towards financially stable and able to lead a reasonably comfortable life is not achievable in days; not even in one year. Let me tell you one reality this is not the most difficult part, the most difficult part is to be socially accepted. That has been my hardest struggle so far and became more difficult when I refused to fake it. Off course, one has to edit the content according to their surroundings and mindset of people but there is a crowd who accepts you the way you are. They respect you with all your differences without making unnecessary judgments or giving advises. 

So we were talking about safety and protection. Again there are two kinds of people, one who lives inside a safety cocoon with provided comfort to them while looking through others (like me) whose days transform on weekly basis. A friend of mine recently advised me to keep a bigger dog for 'protection'. If I follow his advice, how will that 'bigger' dog protect me?? Only during our walks because he cannot be with me at work. So here goes one option of being protected. For me protection is a state of mind when you are prepared to improvise and look for solutions. Nothing can protect me more than my creator and my presence of mind.

There was a time when I was a scared, worried girl looking for a safe zone. I have been angry for being out of the box. Then I learned with experiences including the most valuable and adventurous ones too, after paying a high price of this freedom, you can enjoy the most precious experiences as well. You can learn to decide on your own while making your way towards out of your bubble from scratch. There is nothing more blissful then being able to stand on your own while supporting and leading others. There is nothing more charming than making your own choices. We keep our girls protected in a bubble mostly. We don't teach them to be able to stand as being a person of their own will and desire. Like I said 'Protection is a state of mind where you are not scared of the worst, instead you are prepared to learn and transform your sufferings into something unique.' 

There is nothing more beautifully remarkable then standing on your own the way trees stand and provide too many others.

Believe me it has been worth it. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why ? How ? Who ? What ? When ? and Why me?

My first blog everrrrrrr !